Monday, February 1, 2016

NEW Barbie body types are coming!!

it's all over the news (example from NY Times), Mattel is giving Barbie three new body types: petite, tall, and curvy.

as an adult collector I am super excited about this. the one slight disappointment I have is that these seem to be standard shoulder and hip movement only dolls, which feels like a step backwards from the Made-to-Move dolls, which I am totally in love with. I am hoping that if the new body types sell well, Mattel will upgrade them with more joints.

I do have a potential concern on behalf of parents... clothes. as a child I loved making new fashion combinations for my dolls, and having four different body types will make it difficult to find clothes that will fit each one. hopefully there will be lots of cute fashion packs that will give all the different bodies new things to wear, rather than having to buy all the dolls just to get a few pieces that don't mix well with each other.

I'm super excited, and hope to see these in stores soon. definitely planning on getting all the natural hair-color gals. for some reason, as much as I love my Monster High dolls, Barbies with outrageous hair colors aren't really my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment