Friday, November 9, 2012

Venus McFlytrap: review

even though I have several dolls waiting to be reviewed, Venus McFlytrap jumped to the top of the list. why? because I actually found her in a store instead of having to order her online! I think I have only bought three monsters in store this year: Cupid, the CAM seamonster set, and Venus.

she comes in the standard coffin-style packaging. in her conceptual phase there were a few possible monster parents thrown around, but "plant monster" is official. her avatar is a little potted venus flytrap, but I'm not sure I would have been able to guess that just by looking at it.

click for more

The Bottom Line:

The Good: new character, modest clothes with mix/match potential, very unique look.

The Bad: contains small parts, cheaply made purse, pet cannot stand alone

The Verdict: with her yellow-green skin and magenta hair, Venus McFlytrap will definitely not be mistaken for another Frankie. if you can live with the minor flaws I've pointed out, you'll probably love this Venus doll. I have heard that there will be a swimline version of her next year, so if you want one of every character and the basic isn't striking your fancy, you could try to hold out a few more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment