Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Operetta's hair, part 2

after part 1 it took a long time before I could even look at Operetta. when I finally did pick her up again, I decided to study her hair more closely to see what exactly the problem was. I found a few issues...

  • her hair is rooted in an odd pattern to accommodate her intended hair style
  • it is rooted sparsely
  • it was cut extremely uneven

any one of those issues alone would create difficulty in restyling her hair, but all three at once? we've hit the bad hair trifecta. I did give it another go though. I think this is probably the best I will be able to do without doing a reroot.

this time I decided to use bobbypins for curlers. I was able to get a package of 90 for less than $2 at walmart, which was way more than I needed. that would probably be enough to do 3-4 dolls at the same time. I also used the cold water and mustache comb like last time.

click for more

still not the beautiful lushious curls her cartoon has, but I think it's an improvement. I think this is definitely the right track to take with her hair. if any of you have a suggestion for a good hair gel that can be used without worries of staining, please share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment