Monday, June 25, 2012

gross.

this is a photo of the backside of the liner for my Rochelle Goyle doll. you can see the pink tufts of her hair poking out on the sides. but look towards the middle. those are the T-ties that attach her head to the liner. there is some weird sort of oily ooze...

I have collected dolls for a long time and I have never seen this. at first I thought it might be some of the product they put in her hair to keep it styled during shipping, but if that were the case it seems like it should be all over the area behind her head, not just these two little spots. I think it is some of the glue they use to keep the hair rooted.

the glue itself annoys me because it seems like this is just one more thing that can ruin a doll over time (metal barbie earrings anyone?), but it looks like we may not have to wait long for damage to start showing. I'm not really sure what purpose the glue serves- I've never seen a modern doll go bald just from brushing and ordinary play, and the glue won't stop people from intentionally balding them if they so desire.

I was really looking forward to deboxing and playing with this gal, but now I'm going to wait and see if I can find a new one to swap her out with. I'd like to put off whatever problems this will cause as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment