well, apparently while I was on vacation this week, Mattel released information about a bunch of new dolls that will be coming out this year. and nearly all of them are exclusives. which means that they will be nearly impossible to find at my local stores.
for example: the Monster High Walmart exclusive Cupid doll... that came out at the end of November in most stores. I didn't see any until the beginning of May.
I don't understand why Mattel has decided to release so many exclusives, especially knowing what a hard time people are having finding non-exclusives that are supposed to be in abundance in every store!
here's the run-down as I have heard (read) it...Barbie:
- college football cheerleaders--Walmart exclusive, also to be sold on barbiecollector.com
- Dolls of the World, Hawaii--Walmart exclusive, also to be sold on barbiecollector.com
- Dolls of the World, Brazil--ONLY AVAILABLE IN BRAZIL!
- 2012 Holiday Doll (brunette)--Kmart exclusive
- Coffin Bean set with Draculuara--Costco exclusive
- Clawdeen in latest fashion pack--Kohl's exclusive
- Operetta in latest fashion pack--Kohl's exclusive
- Dead Tired wave 2 (including Clawdeen, Draculaura, and Abbey)--Kmart exclusive
- Roller Maze Abbey (available only in 2-pack with Ghoulia)--Kmart exclusive
- Skull Shores Cleo, Clawdeen, and color Frankie (available in a 5-pack with Draculaura and Ghoulia)--Target exclusive
- Scary Tales (including Draculaura, Frankie, and Clawdeen)--Target exclusive
- Draculaura with Powder room set--Toys'R'Us exclusive
- Ghoulia with skooter set--Toys'R'Us exclusive
- Dot Dead Gorgeous Abbey, Ghoulia, and Draculaura (3-pack)--Walmart exclusive
- Roadster with Draculaura--JCPenney exclusive (say whaaat???)
and in the case of Monster High, a lot of these "new" exclusives are packaged with dolls or sets that have already been released. I guess they didn't learn from the previous outrage with the Dawn of the Dance and Gloom Beach multi-pack exclusives. collecting is supposed to be fun, not frustrating.