Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I just preordered Katniss

well, I just did something I've never done before... I preordered a doll- the new Katniss Everdeen Hunger Games barbie. her preview is amazing, so I really hope she comes out exactly as she looks in the preview. I've heard she is supposed to have the new fashionista body, which would be wonderful and make her so fun to pose and play with. but even if she doesn't, I'll still like her as a boxed display piece. huge fan of the books, so it will be cool to have a pop culture doll of something I actually like.

hubby was really the clincher in this decision. I was showing him the preview images and he asked if I had ordered her yet. I told him the doll doesn't come out for a few more months, but he told me to go ahead and preorder to be sure I get one before they run out. (at least someone learned from the Jack Sparrow incident, lol. btw, anyone have a Jack Sparrow they'd like to sell/trade?)

one thing I really love about the doll is her accessories. she comes with a scale bow and quiver of arrows! I think this is just too cool, and brings one of my favorite things about her to doll form. as a teen I did archery with 4H. I really should get my bow serviced so I can start shooting again.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the pre-order! I hope she arrives looking as lovely as the promo pic.
    Is there a new fashionista body in the works? Do you happen to know what the differences will be? I'm so out of the loop it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I am super excited about her. :-)

      I have heard that the fashionistas that just hit stores (the collection that includes the brand new Ryan mold) no longer have the joint at the bust-line. I haven't found any locally yet, so I can't say for sure if that's true. I'll be a little sad to lose a point of articulation, but I'd rather they took that one away than the knees like they did for the boys!

      Delete
    2. So they're taking away the under bust joint like they did when they were doing the swapping styles line? Ugh, I hate that, I loved having the under bust joint so the torso isn't so stiff. I was hoping that they were finally bringing the redesigned knee joint from the Fashionista In the Spotlight singing line into the regular, non-singing, non-molded on bodice line.
      Thanks for replying to my comment.

      Delete
    3. did the spotlight fashionista knee have more movement than the pivotal-like ones? I never really checked them out... I saw the molded bodice and ran the other way!

      I like having the torso joint as well. it allows for more natural posing and is easier to hide than a waist joint would be. I would have loved to have had fashionistas when I was a kid! I was always so disappointed in how stiff and non-posable barbie was.

      thanks for reading, and commenting! :-D

      Delete
    4. I don't know if they had much more movement than the pivotal ones, but they looked sturdier. The one pivotal knee fashionista I own was really floppy right out of the box. I don't own any of the Spotlight dolls (I too saw the molded on bodice and crossed them off the list), but it looks like the knees are bit thicker. They kind of look more like the Dynamite Girl's knee with the larger ball, and I was hoping they'd start using them, but apparently that was just for the Spotlight dolls. I wonder if because of the weight of the mechanics they needed a stronger knee to hold the doll upright.

      Delete