Monday, August 15, 2011

gluttony

is it possible to apply that term to doll collecting? in the past several days I have gotten a few dolls, and yet now that I see the 2.5 basics are finally on sale, I have a bad case of the wants. I really like the pivotals, but I actually have 3 here already that have not yet been deboxed: Carol Ferris, who just arrived on thursday, a pop-life redhead that I got on discount in december, and a pirates Angelica I got a couple of months ago.

I have a good reason for not deboxing Angelica though. Her packaging is supposed to match up with that of the Jack Sparrow doll, which I haven't been able to find locally yet. I wanted to take a picture of them side by side in their boxes before I opened them.

the pop life doll was kind of my consolation prize. I really wanted the Flashdance doll, but she sold out just a couple of hours before I was able to get online. I don't even know why I wanted the Flashdance doll really. I've never seen the movie (at least that I can remember), and I can't stand her helmet-hair, so I'd be buying her knowing I would have to do work to her. I should just bite the bullet and list pop life for sell or try to trade her, but I feel guilty every time I look at her. I don't know if I could trade her for a Flashdance, but I could probably get one of the jazz babies I still lack.

so I have all of them, plus 2 half-deboxed basics still in barbie limbo. also the SDCC Ghoulia that I ordered at the same time as Carol Ferris, and my replacement Clawd/dLaura set still boxed. I don't even know what to open first, but I still want more. is there a Doll Addicts Anonymous group?

2 comments:

  1. Yes there is a Doll Addicts Anonymous group, but their meetings take place in the stock room at the local ToysRUs. I'm not sure how successful they have been at rehabilitation.

    I am waiting for my 2.5 Basic to arrive. I just bought them from Barbie Collector.com. Did you know they are having a sale through 9/2/11? Buy $50 get $15 off. Have you seen the 2.5 Accessory Packs? I only got the 2nd one, with the tuxedo jacket and gold shimmer top. Oops, I'm sorry. I don't mean to tempt you with more doll stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ack, shame on you Vanessa! such an enabler. I do really like the tuxedo jacket and tall black boots...

    must wait until after dog's vet appointment. must wait. resolve crumbling. vet appointment is in 4 hours. only have to wait 4 more hours...

    ReplyDelete