Sunday, August 28, 2011

give your Monster High dolls braces

ok, I have to admit I am a little bit OCD, so perfect face paint is important to me in my dolls. sometimes it is hard to find the one that is painted just so, and I have to compromise. as someone who has had braces twice, I definitely appreciate a nice set of chompers, but they are much easier to fix at home. so if given the choice between a doll with good eyes but messed up teeth, and one with good teeth but messed up eyes, I will pick the former every time.

this Clawd is a good demonstration of the above. he has great eyes and sideburns, but his teeth were a little uneven. but this is an easy enough fix. you will need, in addition to the doll, a round toothpick and some acrylic paint.

make sure you shake the paint before starting. sometimes it will separate a little in the bottle. you will only need a tiny amount of paint, so I just unscrewed the cap and dipped the toothpick in the paint on the underside of the lid.

now for the difficult part. I have seriously shakey hands. I ended up having to sit on the floor with my forearms pressed into the floor in order to get a nice steady hand. the nice thing about acrylic paint is that if you mess up you can just wipe the paint off with a little bit of water and try again. a few minutes later and Clawd has nice bright menacing canines.

No comments:

Post a Comment